Keeping a balanced diet is one of the most important things in our lives. In the end, it will influence all of our activity; the way we work, the way we deal with our family and friends and how active we are. Naturally, we don’t always have time to cook or prepare healthy meals, so we need to adapt. So, what are the best sources of protein?
- Steak. As you probably imagined, red meat is the best source of protein. With 23 grams of protein for every serving, you can be sure that you get all the nutrients that you need from one meal. If you add some veggies to bring some extra vitamins, you will feel active and happy for the entire day!
- Chicken breast. If you prefer something more light, you can always have chicken breast for lunch or dinner. It is easily digested and you don’t have to worry about calories. Besides, it will bring you about 24 grams of protein per serving.
- Greek yoghurt. What if you are not a “meat” person? Then you can turn to the most popular protein snack these days: Greek yoghurt. It is tasty, low-fat, full of calcium and has about 23 grams of protein per serving. What more can you want?!
- Lentils. For a vegan or vegetarian, it can be tricky to find enough protein. Lentils, however, will offer you about 13 grams of protein for every cup and you can cook them in many different ways.
- Peanut butter. It’s always important to have a healthy breakfast, and if you’re like us, you may find yourself eating peanut butter very often. That’s OK! Peanut butter is not only tasty, but also full of healthy fats and proteins.